Saturday, August 6, 2011

Emersyn's Visit to IL

On Tuesday, Mi-Mi and Megan took all the kids to my parents' house in Illinois. Even though I miss Emersyn SO much, I know she loves to get out of the house and have a change of scenery.  My mom and Megan do a great job of keeping her entertained:) I would love for Emersyn to snuggle up with me on the couch all day, but realize that's the last thing a nineteen month old wants to do. Megan and her kids came back yesterday, and then Mi-Mi will be bringing Em back tomorrow. Brennan went to visit a friend in Michigan for the weekend, so Megan and Pete had me over for dinner last night. Megan filled me in on their visit and gave me a few pictures to share!

Here are some pictures from MaMaw and PaPaw's house (my grandparents). It's the place to be!  They always have a houseful of people! More importantly, it's filled with a lot of love and laughter:)

My cousin Hilarie's kids (Tyson, Sydnie, Allie) with Emersyn, Finley, and Beau

Swinging on the porch swing with Mi-Mi, Beau, Tyson, Finley, & Averie

Eating ice cream with Finley

Next stop... Aunt Lana's pool!  Another place we love to go when we're in Charleston.  We always hang out at her place for hours on end:)


Hanging out with Beau

Emersyn and her buddy, Uncle Jerry:)


On Thursday, they visited Tiffany and her quads! I was so jealous! Tiffany is planning to come visit over Labor Day weekend, and I can't wait. Who would have thought that best friends would both have multiples!  She has been such a huge support ever since the day I found out I was expecting triplets. I remember her saying, "Misti, you can do this!" She knew exactly what I was thinking and what I needed to hear.  She is such a wonderful mother! I used to say, "God knew exactly what he was doing when he gave Tiff and Jon multiples. They are the perfect people for the job." I think God must have been asleep when I got pregnant! ha ha! I just hope we can handle it with as much grace as they have.
Gavin, Reese, Lauren, and Maggie are three and a half now, and as you can see, they're just too cute!

Mi-Mi, Em, Reese, Maggie, and Lauren

Putting their babies to bed:)

Reese, Maggie, and Lauren

Gavin, Finley, Emersyn, and Reese
Beau and Gavin


My role model, Tiff, and Emersyn

As you can see, they had a great visit! It breaks my heart that I have to miss out, but I know it will be worth it in the end:)  I have a doctor's appointment on Monday, so I'll let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

  1. I can totally hear Tiffany saying that. And, you are right, God knew what he was doing giving her quads. I know she'll be a great support for you. Hope your appointment goes well tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool that Em, Finley and Beau got to play with the quads. I keep wishing Laura would jump on the family bandwagon (yeah right)...I want more nieces/nephews, but after the weekend she spent with us last month I don't think she will ever have kids, ha! God, has totally been looking out for you and Tiff giving you one another for a support system...He is awesome!

    ReplyDelete