Friday, July 22, 2011

My First Post

Almost four years ago I began following my best friend Tiffany's blog, as she shared her journey  having quads. I remember checking every day to see if she had any new posts.  I was eager to read about their progress.  Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would ever be starting a blog about having triplets, but here I am,  twenty-one weeks pregnant with spontaneous triplet boys!  Brennan and I hope this blog serves as a way to keep you updated on our progress so you can share this exciting time with us!

Timeline

March 23rd- Found out I was pregnant!  I was already feeling sick, but figured I was having a boy as I felt so different from my first pregnancy. 

April 20th (8 weeks pregnant)- My first sonogram!  A day we will never forget! We walked in to the office thinking we were going to be a family of four, and walked out knowing we would soon be a family of six....Crazy!  To make a long story short, I cried hysterically and Brennan kept repeating, "That's Awesome!"
The doctor told us that Baby A has his own sack, and that Baby's B & C are sharing a sack.




June 8th (15 weeks pregnant)- Found out we were having three boys!  This time, Brennan cried with excitement, and I said, "Are you sure?" :)


June 29th (18weeks pregnant)- We had a two hour ultrasound, as they measured each part of the boys' little bodies. Our high risk doctor said that all three looked healthy and strong! Whew! What a blessing!  At that time their weights were...

Baby A- 11oz
Baby B-   9oz
Baby C-   8oz

July 18th (21 weeks pregnant)- My latest sonogram. I asked Megan, my twin, if she could go with me since Brennan was tied up at work. Thanks Megan! Boy did we fool the nurses and doctors! I had told them I was an identical twin, but I think they had forgotten by that point.
Good news... the boys are really growing!

Baby A- 1 lb, 2oz
Baby B- 1 lb
Baby C- 14 oz



                             Baby A, sucking his thumb:)

                                                           
                                                                           Baby B


                                                                       Baby C


July 27th- Our next sonogram. It will be an extra long appointment, as a cardiologist will be coming in to thoroughly look at each of the babies' hearts and make sure they are working properly. Please keep us in your prayers:)

In closing, Are we excited?...... Yes!  Overwhelmed?........Yes!  But even so, we look forward to ALL the ups and downs ahead of us, and are grateful we were chosen to have three beautiful babies!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Misti...I was just asking Laura about you the other day! We will keep you all in prayer, and can't wait to follow along.
    ~Amy Myerscough Schultz

    ReplyDelete