Friday, September 9, 2011

Hello from Community North Hospital

It's me! I've been wanting to blog for so long, but they have me laying on my side and therefore it makes it a little difficult to type. That, plus,  I don't know where to begin. These past ten days have been just a bit overwhelming! First, the latest news from my doctor. And, thankfully it's good! Two days ago they decided to try me out on the oral medicine procardia. They had tried this before, but it wasn't successful. My contractions picked up within a couple hours of being off the IV medicine.  Luckily, this time my body has responded better. I'm still having contractions, just not as frequently or as strong as before. So, the doctor said she is going to keep me on the oral medicine over the weekend, and then on Monday check to see if my cervix has been effected by the contractions.  If not, she said I will get to go home! Obviously I would be on strict bed rest, but to be able to go home to Emersyn...I would lay as still as possible!

No words can express how grateful I am for all the visitors, prayers, texts, phone calls, etc. that have been sent our way. They are truly appreciated, and put a smile on my face. It brings me so much peace to know that there are people across the country praying for the boys! I better stop there...I don't want to get too emotional and spike my contractions:)

Even through all this, I feel so blessed to be carrying these babies. It is so worth it!  I just can't wait to meet them! Well, I can wait a few more weeks:)

I'll keep you posted on what we find out on Monday. Hopefully, I'll be packing my bags!

Misti

4 comments:

  1. So wonderful to hear from you, Misti...and how exciting that things are looking up. Looking forward to the next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful news!! Hope you're able to go home tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Misti! So so happy to hear that things are going well. Praying that you will be able to head home to rest. I'm sure you're dying to be close to your little girl! We are praying for you and for these 3 sweet boys!! Hang in there!!
    Love,
    Christina Vance

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear that!! I really hope you get to go home tomorrow! I can't imagine how hard this has been for you...you are amazing! I will continue to say prayers that the little boys keep growing and stay in your belly for a while longer! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete