Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I'm Finally Home!

First, and most importantly, the boys are doing extremely well!  Hayden and Parker are both off oxygen all together, and Wyatt will hopefully be off his tomorrow. So, the only tube they have left is their feeding tube. The nurses have said that they we'll try breastfeeding and bottle feeding in a week or so.  Now that Wyatt has his c-pap tube out, we can tell that he and Parker definitely resemble each other.  I was able to hold each of them for a few minutes before being discharged from the hospital.  It is such a surreal feeling walking in to the NICU knowing we have three beautiful boys to see! I can't say enough, we are so blessed!  Emersyn is going to have to wait to meet her brothers until they come home, as the NICU doesn't allow children under 18 during the  flu season. Even though we can't wait for her to see "her babies," we would rather be safe than sorry. I promise we will be posting more pictures soon of our three growing boys!

Yes, I am finally home, but not without a little scare thrown into the mix.  I was first discharged from the hospital Sunday afternoon, however, that evening I started running a fever.  We headed back to the hospital and I was readmitted late Sunday night. The doctor ran several tests and started me on some antibiotics in case of infection.  On Monday she decided to have me get another CT scan to check for any internal issues that may have developed as a result of the two surgeries. The wait to hear the results was awful, but luckily everything checked out fine and my fever was gone. So, the doctor discharged us again yesterday afternoon. I am happy to report I am finally on the mend! It is so nice to be back home with Emersyn, and I look forward to going to the NICU every day to visit the boys.

I know this is long overdue, but there is one person I seldom thank,  and he definitely deserves it the most.... my husband! He has been pulled in so many different directions the past several weeks, and he has not complained once. I was in the hospital 41 nights and he didn't miss a one. He would wake up from a sleepless night, work during the day, visit with Em of an evening, and then head back to the hospital to be with me. Even through all the scary situations that have come up this past week, he held it together and kept me calm. I know we are going raise three strong men, as they have the best role model ever.... their dad:) Thanks Babe! We ALL love you!

PS.... Thank you again for all the prayers and support. It truly means so much. I ask that you please keep them coming, as they are definitely working! We are very fortunate to have such amazing friends and family.

Misti

2 comments:

  1. Misti & Brennan,

    So many prayers are coming your way..it is exciting to see pictures of the boys. I am sure that it is overwhelming, but what blessings. We can't wait to come and visit and would love to help in any way that we can. Let us know when you are up for visitors.

    Pamela Cintas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post Misti! You made me cry! You ARE a wonderful husband and father, Brenan! Misti you deserve such credit, too, for enduring all that you did in order to ensure the best outcome for those 3 precious babies. You guys did it!!! What great additions to an already amazing family. You are all so blessed to have each other. We love you and can't wait to meet them! So glad to hear they are doing so well!!!
    Love, Hilarie, Johnny and Family

    ReplyDelete